we will have the opportunity to listen to speaker Bob Bigelow, former NBA player, on the topic of improving youth sports. The event is funded through a partnership between local youth sports organizations, RSU #22, and Hampden Recreation. The event is free to attendees.
This event is not intended for youth or student athletes.
Bob Bigelow is one of the country’s foremost youth sports speakers. He speaks worldwide about youth sports programs, and provides new approaches for positive change in fully meeting the needs of young athletes as the top priority.
- Meeting the needs of ALL children in youth sports
- Recognizing the cost of elite travel teams
- Avoiding practices that discourage late-blooming athletes
- Adults not competing with one another through our children
- Ensuring coaches and administrators are qualified and trained work effectively with kids
- And addressing other critical needs in youth sports