Reeds Brook Middle School: A supportive learning community challenges all students to achieve individual success.
Our Mission, Beliefs and Expectations
- Teaching respect and fostering pride are important components of education
- Health and safety, both physical and emotional, are essential to learning.
- A partnership among home, school, and the community is vital.
- A dedicated staff, committed to professional development and lifelong learning, provides optimal educational experiences.
- A challenging curriculum coupled with appropriate accommodations ensures the success of all students.
- Integrated learning experiences and varied instructional approaches allow students to make connections between disciplines and their own lives.
- Read, write, speak, and listen effectively to interpret and share information.
- Use appropriate resources to seek access, apply, evaluate, and share knowledge.
- Use visual, artistic, and technological modes of expression.
- Question and think critically and creatively; identify and apply solutions to problems.
- Work independently and cooperatively.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in all disciplines across the curriculum.
- Demonstrate integrity and honesty and take responsibility for their actions.
- Show empathy, courtesy, and respect for others in our diverse global society.
- Practice self-discipline, manage time responsibly, and meet obligations.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work cooperatively with others; show teamwork and negotiation skills.
- Make positive choices, take healthy risks and develop a strong and positive sense of self.
- Recognize the importance of good health practices and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Develop citizenship and contribute to their community.