Both the physical and consent forms must be in to the school office before a student is allowed to try out or participate in any school sports. These forms need to be updated on an annual basis. Please take time to review the district’s concussion and head injury protocol. Questions about sports physicals or concussion protocols may be directed to our school nurse, Sarah Baillargeon: firstname.lastname@example.org.
REEDS BROOK STUDENT ATHLETICS
- RSU #22 Sports Physical Form – (every year)
- Signed Parent And Student Consent And Acknowledgment Form*
- *found on the athletics page of the Reeds Brook website
- All required subjects will be used to determine eligibility for athletics
- Eligibility is determined by Quarterly Report Cards and interim grades posted on the PowerSchool system. Coaches and administration will routinely review grades.
- Any athlete who falls below a 75 average in any class when eligibility is checked will be placed on academic probation for a 10 day period. It is the athlete’s responsibility to seek out extra help in the subjects in question. Any student athlete who remains below the 75 average in any class at the end of the 10 day period will be directed to The Academic Intervention Program (AIP), our after-school and supervised study program. For the next 5 school days the student will not be allowed to practice or play: The goal is to regain academic eligibility. Following this study period, students earning eligibility will be able to return to practices and games. If however, the athlete does not achieve the necessary 75 average in all classes, the student will be ineligible for the sport and removed from the team.
Eligibility checks will take place according to the schedule below. Eligibility checks will be supervised by the Athletic Director, Principal and Dean of Students.
|2015-2016 Athletic Eligibility Calendar|
09/23/16 Grade check
10/07/16 Grades rechecked**
10/14/16 AIP recheck
|12/16/16 Grades rechecked**||1/6/17 AIP recheck|
|4/28/17 Grades checked||
05/12/17 Grades rechecked**
|5/19/17 AIP recheck|
|**Note: Probation period ends.|
|***Note: Fall sports eligibility will be determined by grades recorded on the 4th Quarter Report Card of the previous June.|